So you just got approved for the Milestone Credit Card? Congrats! I know you’re excited to start using your card, but first you need to activate it. Activating your card is super easy and only takes a few minutes. In this short guide, I’ll walk you through exactly how to activate your new Milestone card so you can start earning rewards.
Overview of the Milestone Card
Before we dive into the activation process, let me give you a quick rundown of the Milestone card and its benefits:
- No security deposit required – The Milestone card is more accessible for people working to build their credit because it doesn’t require putting down a deposit like some secured cards.
- Low credit limit – The initial limit is usually between $300-$500. This allows you to start slow.
- Rewards points – You earn points on purchases that can add up to cash back rewards. Great motivation to use your card responsibly!
- Reports to credit bureaus – The card issuer reports your payment history to help build your credit. Making on-time payments is key!
Okay, now that you know the basics of the card, let’s get your account up and running!
Activating Online at mymilestonecard.com/activate
Activating online is fast and easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- In your browser, enter the URL mymilestonecard.com/activate.
- Log in with the username and password you set up when you applied.
- Click “Activate Your Card”.
- Enter your card number, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your social security number if asked.
- Follow the prompts to complete activation.
Once the final confirmation message appears, your Milestone card is activated and ready to use!
What if You Don’t Have an Online Account Yet?
No worries! You can easily register an online account if you haven’t already. Just click the “Register Your Account” link on the login page. You’ll need to enter:
- Your last name
- Zip code
- Full date of birth
- Full social security number
After entering that info, create a unique username and password. Write these down in a safe place so you remember them.
Activating by Phone
You can also activate your card easily over the phone.
Simply call 1-800-305-0330 and when prompted:
- Enter your social security number
- Follow the automated menu to reach a customer service agent
- Verify your identity by providing your name, address, date of birth etc.
- Ask the agent to activate your new Milestone card
And that’s it! After confirming your details, the agent activates your account and you’re all set to use your card.
Forgot Your Login Info? Here’s How to Reset It
If you forget your online banking username or password later on, don’t panic! Resetting online is easy:
- Go to the Reset ID/Password page.
- To reset your password, enter your username, the last 4 digits of your card, SSN, and DOB. Click “Reset Password”.
- To retrieve your username, enter your full card number, SSN, and DOB. Click “Request Username”.
Follow the instructions to create a new login. Jot it down somewhere safe once you do!
And there you have it! See, activating your new credit card is quick and painless. Now that your account is up and running, you can start working toward improving your credit by using your Milestone card responsibly.
Here’s to a bright financial future! Enjoy your new card.