So you just received a U.S. Bank ReliaCard in the mail. This reloadable prepaid debit card offers a convenient way to receive funds from government agencies or unemployment benefits. But before you can start using it, you need to activate your card.
Activating your ReliaCard is a simple process that can be done online, over the phone, through the mobile app, or in person at a U.S. Bank branch. This guide will walk you through each of those options step-by-step. We’ll also cover how to check your card balance once it’s up and running.
Activating Your Card Online
Activating online at usbankreliacard.com/activate is quick and easy. Here’s how:
- Go to the activation website and click “Activate Card”.
- Enter your 16-digit card number and click “Continue”.
- Choose a 4-digit PIN number and enter your expiration date.
- Enter your date of birth and click “Activate”.
Once your card is active, be sure to sign the back before you can use it!
“I activated mine online in less than 5 minutes. As long as you have the card number handy, it’s really simple!”
Activating Via Phone
You can also activate by calling the number below and following the automated prompts:
U.S. Bank ReliaCard Customer Service:
Before calling, grab:
- Your ReliaCard
- The primary cardholder’s personal information
This way you’ll have everything on hand when prompted by the automated system.
Downloading the Mobile App
Using the free ReliaCard mobile app is another convenient activation option:
- Search for “US Bank ReliaCard” in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Download and open the ReliaCard app.
- Tap “Activate New Card”.
- Enter your 16-digit card number and expiration date.
- Click “Activate”.
Now you can manage your account and check your balance right from your smartphone!
Visiting a Local Branch
You can also activate your card in person at any U.S. Bank branch. Bring your:
- Valid photo ID
A bank representative will assist with activation at the branch.
Checking Your Balance
Once your ReliaCard is activated, you’ll want to check your balance. Here are some easy ways to do that:
- Online banking – Log in to see your current balance
- Mobile app – The balance is displayed right in the app
- Email/text alerts – Sign up to receive balance updates
- ATM – Withdraw cash and check balance at ATMs
Now get out there and start enjoying the convenience of your ReliaCard! This handy prepaid card gives you easy access to your funds wherever you go.