So you just got a shiny new phone from Xfinity Mobile? Awesome! I’m here to help walk you through getting that bad boy activated so you can start using your phone ASAP.
Activating your phone is super easy – just a few simple steps and you’ll be all set. Here’s what you’ll need before we get started:
- Your new Xfinity Mobile phone (duh!)
- An Xfinity Mobile SIM card
- Your Xfinity Mobile account login
First things first – let’s open up that new phone of yours and get the SIM card put in. Your phone should be powered completely off while we get the SIM card inserted properly.
#Pro Tip: Make sure you follow the instructions in your phone’s box for getting the SIM card inserted correctly based on the model you have. Don’t force anything!
Okay, with the SIM card securely in place, it’s time to activate your service.
Let’s Get Your Phone Activated
Grab another device like a tablet or computer and head to the Xfinity Mobile activation page:
Time to log into your Xfinity Mobile account. If you haven’t set up your account yet, you’ll need to do that first before activating a new phone.
Once logged in, just select the phone you want to activate and follow the prompts:
- Enter account details from previous carrier if transferring a number
- Provide billing address
- Select option for keeping existing number or getting a new number
That’s pretty much it! After you submit the activation request, you’ll get a confirmation email when everything is good to go on Xfinity Mobile’s end.
Most number transfers happen quickly, but give it up to 24 hours just in case. Then feel free to power on your phone and start enjoying that sweet, sweet 5G!
Frequently Asked Activation Questions
What if I want to activate an existing phone on my Xfinity Mobile plan?
- First, eject the old SIM card and insert your new Xfinity Mobile SIM
- Have your previous carrier account number and PIN handy to port your number
- Follow prompts on xfinitymobile.com/activate
Where do I find my account number and PIN from my previous carrier?
- Check your old bills – account details are usually on there
- Contact previous carrier support
- Carrier apps often provide account info
- Popular carrier account number locations:
- Boost Mobile: Call 888-266-7848
- FreedomPop: Account portal or call 888-743-8107
- Google Fi: Provided when you sign-up
I hope this guide gave you everything you need to get your new Xfinity Mobile phone up and running! Let me know in the comments if you have any other activation questions. Now go enjoy that new phone!