Welcome, Roku users! This guide will walk you through step-by-step how to activate WSMV-TV on your Roku device.
WSMV-TV is a popular NBC affiliate station based in Nashville, Tennessee. It’s owned by Meredith Corporation and provides local news, weather, sports, and more.
If you want to access WSMV-TV on your Roku device, you’ll need to:
- Install the WSMV-TV channel from the Roku Channel Store
- Activate the channel at www.wsmv.com/activate
Below I’ll explain this process in detail, as well as how to create a WSMV account if you don’t have one yet.
Installing the WSMV-TV Channel on Roku
First things first – you’ll need to install the WSMV-TV channel on your Roku device:
- Turn on your Roku and connect it to your TV and WiFi.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to go to the home screen.
- Scroll down to Streaming Channels and select the Roku Channel Store.
- Search for “WSMV” or “News 4 WSMV Nashville”.
- Tip: You can use the search bar to easily find the channel.
- Select “Details” under News 4 WSMV Nashville.
- Choose “Add Channel” to begin installing it.
- Note: Press “Add Channel” for free apps. Paid apps will have a “Buy” or “Purchase” option.
- If prompted, enter your Roku PIN.
- Once installed, go back to the Roku home screen and open the WSMV-TV channel.
Now the WSMV-TV channel is installed on your Roku! Next, we need to activate it.
Activating WSMV-TV on Roku
After installing the WSMV-TV channel, follow these steps to activate it:
- Open the WSMV-TV channel on your Roku.
- Sign in with your WSMV account credentials if prompted.
- This will give you an activation code.
- On your phone, tablet, or computer, go to www.wsmv.com/activate in a web browser.
- Enter your WSMV email and password, then press Sign In.
- When prompted, enter the activation code from your Roku.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish activation.
Once activated, you’ll have full access to WSMV-TV on your Roku!
Creating a WSMV Account
If you don’t have a WSMV account yet, you’ll need to create one before activating the channel. Here’s how:
- Go to www.wsmv.com in a web browser.
- Click the Login icon in the top right corner, then select Register.
- Enter your desired Username, Email, Password, etc.
- Check “I’m not a robot” and click Create Account.
And you’re done! Use your new WSMV credentials to activate the channel on Roku.
Activating WSMV-TV on your Roku device is quick and easy following these steps. You’ll then be able to enjoy all your favorite local programming from WSMV.
Let me know if you have any other questions! I’m happy to help walk through the process.