Two-step verification can seem annoying, but it’s an important security measure that protects your personal information. This guide will explain what two-step verification is, why Walmart uses it, and how to set it up step-by-step.
What is Two-Step Verification?
Two-step verification adds an extra layer of security beyond just a password. After entering your password, you’ll provide a second piece of identifying information. This ensures that even if someone gets your password, they still can’t access your account.
Walmart uses two common methods:
- Text message code – Walmart texts you a 6-digit code to enter
- Phone call – An automated call provides you with a code
Why Walmart Uses Two-Step Verification
For a company as large as Walmart, security is crucial. Two-step verification acts as a safeguard to protect employee data, pay information, health insurance, and more.
While an extra step, enabling two-step verification takes just a few quick minutes. It gives both Walmart and its employees greater peace of mind.
Setting Up Two-Step Verification
Ready to get started? Here’s how to enable two-step verification:
- Visit https://one.walmart.com and log into your Walmart account
- Click on “Set up two-step verification”
- Enter your mobile number
- Choose text message or phone call for receiving codes
- Review and click “Enroll”
That’s it! Going forward you’ll need to enter the code after logins for enhanced account security.
Changing Your Mobile Number
If you ever need to update your mobile number, you can easily switch it:
- Go to https://one.walmart.com and log in
- Click “Manage my account security”
- Remove your old number
- Enroll your new number
- Select text or call and enter the verification code
Updating your mobile takes just a minute or two.
Two-Step Verification: Simple Security
I hope this overview has shown that two-factor authentication doesn’t have to be complicated. Take a few minutes to set it up and give yourself peace of mind knowing your Walmart account has an critical extra layer of protection.
Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions!