So you just received a shiny new Wells Fargo card in the mail. Congrats! But before you can start swiping away, you need to activate it first. Don’t worry, it’s a simple process and this guide will walk you through all the steps.
Why Do You Need to Activate Your Card?
Activating your card is an important security step that verifies your identity and lets Wells Fargo know that you have received your card and are ready to use it for purchases.
Consider it the card’s first handshake with the bank. By taking a minute to activate it, you ensure no one else can use your card or access your account.
4 Easy Ways to Activate Your Wells Fargo Card
You have a couple convenient options to activate your new Wells Fargo debit or credit card:
- Via mobile app
- By phone
- At an ATM
Below I’ll outline each method so you can decide what works best for you.
Activate Online via wellsfargo.com/activatecard
- Navigate to wellsfargo.com/activatecard in your web browser.
- Log in with your Wells Fargo username and password.
- Enter your new card details when prompted.
- Follow the verification steps.
And voila! Your card will be activated instantly.
Use the Mobile App
- Download the Wells Fargo mobile app (iOS or Android).
- Log in to your account.
- Select your new card from the menu.
- Follow the activation instructions.
It only takes a minute or two through the convenience of your phone.
Call the Activation Number
If you prefer to speak with a live person, Wells Fargo has agents who can help activate your card over the phone.
- Call 1-877-294-6933.
- Choose the “Activate debit or credit card” option.
- Provide your card details and verify some personal information.
The automated system is available 24/7 and activations usually take less than 10 minutes.
Visit an ATM
Headed to the ATM anyway? You can take care of the activation while you’re there.
- Insert your Wells Fargo card into the ATM.
- When prompted, enter your card PIN.
- Follow the activation prompts.
If you don’t have a PIN yet, stop by your nearest Wells Fargo branch and they can provide one.
And that’s it! With any of these simple methods, your new Wells Fargo card will be activated quickly so you can be on your way to swiping, tapping, and shopping.
Trouble Signing In? Reset Your Password
Don’t remember your Wells Fargo password? Not to worry. Resetting your password is easy.
- Visit wellsfargo.com/activatecard.
- Click “Create a new password”.
- Enter your username or SSN/ITIN.
- Follow the reset instructions.
Creating a new password takes just a minute or two. Then you can sign right in and activate your shiny new card!
So go ahead – activate that Wells Fargo card and enjoy shopping while earning great rewards. And if you have any other questions along the way, don’t hesitate to ask!