Shopping at Walmart can be super convenient, especially if you take advantage of their product protection plans. This guide will walk you through how to register, login, and file a claim with Walmart’s protection program so you can shop worry-free!
What is the Walmart Protection Plan?
The Walmart Protection Plan covers any electronics purchases from Walmart stores or walmart.com against accidental damage or mechanical failure. It’s basically like getting an extended warranty.
Some key perks:
- Covers replacement costs if your product can’t be fixed
- Accessible completely online
- Literally takes 5 minutes to register
To be eligible, you just need to register your product within 30 days of purchase.
Easy Step-by-Step Registration at Walmart.com/protection
Registering online for protection only takes a few minutes:
- Go to www.walmart.com/protection
- Click “Get Started”
- Create a Walmart account with your email
- Confirm your email
- Enter your product details:
- Transaction number
- Serial number
- Purchase date
- Enjoy the coverage!
📝 Pro Tip: Keep your purchase receipt handy when registering! Many claims are approved instantly if you have it.
Once registered, you can easily login anytime to view your protected products or file a claim (more on that next).
Submitting a Protection Plan Claim
If your registered product gets accidentally damaged or stops working, here’s how to file a claim:
- Go to www.walmart.com/protection and login
- Click “File Claim”
- Select the product and enter details about what happened
- Submit evidence (receipt, photos, etc.)
And that’s it! Many claims get instantly approved. If not, a technician will review it for you. Either way, you’ll quickly know whether your product can be fixed or replaced.
So relax and shop with confidence next time you visit Walmart, knowing you’ve got a safety net.
Still have questions?
- Call 888-524-6690 for assistance
- Visit the Protection Plan FAQ page
We hope this article gave you a friendly overview of how to register and use Walmart’s protection program. Let us know in the comments if you have any other questions!