Welcome students! Logging into your University of Minnesota (UMN) student portal and Canvas account is easy. This handy guide covers everything you need to access your course materials and information.
Logging Into Canvas
The Canvas learning management system is where you’ll find your course content, submit assignments, view grades, and communicate with instructors.
To log in:
- Go to the official Canvas website: https://canvas.umn.edu/login
- Enter your Internet ID
- Enter your password
- Click Sign In
Once logged in, you’ll see your class Dashboard with the latest announcements, assignments, and other course content.
Tip: Bookmark the Canvas login page for easy access whenever you need it!
Resetting Your Password
If you forget your password, you can easily reset it:
- Click Forgot Password? on the Canvas login page
- Enter your Internet ID or personal email address associated with your UMN account
- Click Submit and follow the reset instructions
Recovering Your Internet ID
If you can’t recall your Internet ID, use this process:
- Go to the Canvas login page
- Click Can’t log in?
- Enter your alternate email address
- Click Submit to trigger the ID recovery process
Contacting UMN IT Support
If you have any trouble accessing or using your UMN student portal or Canvas account, the friendly IT support team is here to help!
Phone: 612-301-4357 or 218-281-8000
Email: [email protected]
We wish you an exciting and successful year ahead! Let us know if you have any other questions.