Activating a new Sprint device or SIM card allows you to start using Sprint’s network services on your phone. With Sprint now merged with T-Mobile, you can activate most Sprint devices on T-Mobile’s network as well.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to activate a new Sprint device or SIM card:
Before You Begin
Before starting the activation process, make sure you have the following:
- A compatible Sprint device. You can check compatibility here.
- A Sprint SIM card if activating a Sprint device.
- Your Sprint account credentials if you have an existing account. If not, you’ll need to create one.
- Sufficient battery on your device.
- Device details like IMEI/MEID number, SIM card ICCID, etc. from the box.
Activate via sprint.com/activate
- Go to sprint.com/activate on your browser.
- If you’re finishing an existing activation process, click Finish Activation.
- If activating a recently upgraded device, click Activate Now.
- If bringing your own device, click Get Started.
- Follow additional prompts to enter device details, account information, etc.
- Complete activation by following on-screen instructions.
Activate After Logging In at sprint.com/activate
If you already have a Sprint account:
- Log in to your Sprint account.
- Go to Manage this device and select Activate a new phone.
- Choose whether to activate using an existing SIM or a new SIM.
- Enter device and SIM details as prompted.
- Click Check Code and follow additional instructions.
Activate a New Sprint Phone
If activating a brand new Sprint phone:
- Locate the device serial number and IMEI/MEID.
- Call Sprint customer support at (888) 211-4727.
- Follow prompts to connect to a representative.
- Provide your account details and device information.
- The representative will activate the device.
Once you complete the activation steps, your Sprint device or SIM will be activated and ready to use on the Sprint network! Be sure to have your account information and device details handy before starting the activation process online or over the phone.