So you just received a shiny new credit card from SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union in the mail. Congrats! As one of the largest credit unions in California, SchoolsFirst offers excellent rates and benefits for school employees and their families.
But before you can start earning rewards and cashback, you need to activate your card. Activating it is easy and only takes a few minutes.
What You Get with a SchoolsFirst Card
Here are some of the great features that come with every SchoolsFirst credit card:
- No annual fee – SchoolsFirst cards are totally free to own
- Rental car coverage – No need to pay for that pricey insurance
- $0 fraud liability – You won’t be responsible for any unauthorized charges
- Chip card technology – More secure when making purchases in stores
And depending on the type of card you applied for, you can also enjoy things like:
- Cash back rewards
- Travel points
- Low intro APR offers
- Balance transfer bonuses
Ready to start enjoying these perks? Let’s get your card activated!
How to Activate Your SchoolsFirst Credit Card Online
Activating your card is super simple if you already have online banking set up with SchoolsFirst.
Just follow these steps:
- Go to schoolsfirstfcu.org/activate and log into your SchoolsFirst account
- Click on Card Management in the sidebar
- Select the new credit card account you want to activate
- Enter your card details like the number, expiration date, and CVV security code
- Click Activate Card
And that’s it! Your new card should now be activated and ready for purchases.
💡Pro Tip: Make sure to have your new credit card in hand so you can easily reference the card number, security code, etc. while activating it.
What If I’m New to SchoolsFirst?
If you don’t already have an online banking account set up with SchoolsFirst, no worries!
Here are the steps to register for an account before you activate your card:
- Go to schoolsfirstfcu.org/activate and click New User Registration
- Enter your personal details like:
- First and last name
- Member number
- Last 4 digits of your SSN
- Agree to the SchoolsFirst terms and conditions
- Create a username and password
- Finish registering your contact info and security questions
Once your new SchoolsFirst online account is created, you can follow the credit card activation process above.
Who’s Eligible to Join SchoolsFirst?
Since SchoolsFirst FCU is focused on the educational community, membership eligibility is mostly limited to:
- School employees
- Retired school staff
- Employees of school service providers
- Immediate family of existing members
Students enrolled in teaching credential programs can also qualify for membership.
Ready to join? You can easily apply online in just a few minutes.
So get ready to take advantage of all the perks and benefits that come with SchoolsFirst membership! Activating your new card marks the first step.
Let me know if you have any other questions!