So you just got a new Sam’s Club credit card in the mail? Awesome! As a Sam’s Club member myself, I know how great their cards can be for earning cash back. But before you can start raking in rewards, you need to activate your card.
Activating your card is super easy and only takes a few minutes when you follow this quick guide. I’ll explain everything you need to know, from what to have ready to what to expect after activation.
Preparing for Activation
To get started activating online, make sure you have these three things handy:
- Your Sam’s Club credit card number and security code
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Access to a computer or mobile phone with internet
I recommend using Wi-Fi if possible for a smooth activation process. Cellular data works too though.
Okay, now that you’ve got all that ready, let’s walk through how to activate!
Activate Your Sam’s Club Credit Card in 3 Simple Steps at samsclubcredit.com/activate
1. Visit the activation website
- Go to the special activation site at samsclubcredit.com/activate.
2. Enter your card details
- Type in your full credit card number and security code from the back of your card.
- Next, input the last four digits of your SSN when prompted.
3. Click “Activate My Card”
- Carefully review all the details you entered.
- If everything looks right, click the “Activate My Card” button.
That’s all it takes! Just follow the additional activation instructions and you’ll be ready to use your card.
What to Expect After Activation
Once your new Sam’s Club credit card is activated:
- You can immediately start using it for purchases
- Create an online account to manage your card
- Take advantage of awesome Sam’s Club member rewards
For example, you can earn:
- 5% cash back on gas
- 3% cash back on dining and travel
- 1% cash back on other purchases
And don’t forget you can use your earnings towards Sam’s Club purchases!
Register for Online Account Access
I highly recommend registering online to manage your Sam’s Club credit card account. It makes things like monitoring your rewards, paying your bill, and more super convenient.
- Visit the online registration page above
- Enter your account number and zip code
- Create a password to complete setup
Then you can easily log in anytime to view your account activity, update personal details, set up alerts and more!
I hope this step-by-step guide helped explain how to successfully activate your new Sam’s card online. Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions!