Hey friends! I wanted to share the inside scoop on some of my favorite free channels available on Roku. As a cord-cutter myself, having access to quality free streaming options is a must.
In this post, I’ll cover 10 fantastic free channels that offer thousands of movies, shows, music videos, and more. I’ll share a bit about what each channel offers along with quick steps for getting them set up on your Roku device.
Let’s dive in!
Top 10 Free Roku Channels
Here are my top picks for free Roku channels to add this year:
|Stream HBO originals and movies
|Access NBC shows, news, sports
|Enjoy thousands of movies and shows
|Fun, educational content for kids
|100+ channels of free TV and movies
|Latest shows from The CW network
|Tons of movies across all genres
|Watch your favorite music videos
|Free Hollywood movies and TV shows
|Listen to music, news, and podcasts
Below I’ll expand more on what kinds of content and features you can expect with each channel.
- Stream HBO Originals like Game of Thrones, Euphoria, The White Lotus and more
- Also includes blockbuster movies and classic favorites
- Create profiles and set parental controls for kids
- Includes current NBC shows like The Voice and Saturday Night Live
- Get news from NBC Nightly News and TODAY Show
- Stream live sports like Sunday Night Football
- Watch Peacock Originals and NBC classics
- 100% free (just a few ads)
- Huge catalog of movies (even new releases) and shows
- Fun niche categories like British TV, anime, Korean dramas
- Educational shows to help kids learn
- Features favorite characters like Daniel Tiger, Wild Kratts and more
- Safe streaming experience for children
- Access over 100 free live TV channels
- Tons of free on-demand movies and shows too
- Categories like news, sports, comedy, music and more
- Stream shows from The CW like Riverdale, Nancy Drew, Walker and more
- New episodes shortly after they air
- Extras like behind-the-scenes footage
- Completely free movie streaming (with ads)
- Great mix of comedies, dramas, family films and more
- Also includes some original exclusive content
- Easy to access all your favorite music videos
- Covers emerging artists as well as superstars
- Create playlists and get video recommendations
- 100% free movies, TV shows and originals
- Fun mix of action, comedy, drama and more
- Create watchlists to track favorites
- Listen to over 1,500 free live radio stations
- Includes music, news, sports, talk and comedy
- Create custom stations based on favorite artists
As you can see, there’s definitely no shortage of great free video and audio options for Roku owners!
How to Add Channels on Roku
Adding these channels to start streaming only takes a few quick steps:
- Use the Search function to find the channel you want
- Select Add Channel to install it
- Open the channel app and log in or activate
- If you see an activation code, visit the web link shown on another device to activate
- Start enjoying awesome free content!
That’s all there is to it. 🙂
I hope this overview gave you some ideas for great free channels to check out. Let me know in the comments if you have any other favorites I should cover!