Welcome new Blue Devils! As an incoming Duke student, you’ll be assigned a Duke email address that will serve as your official university communication platform. This handy guide covers everything you need to know about accessing your Duke email and troubleshooting any issues.
Logging into Your Duke Email at outlook.com/duke.edu
Your Duke email allows you to send and receive messages via Microsoft Outlook. To access it:
- Go to the Outlook login page: www.outlook.com/duke.edu
- Enter your Duke NetID (your unique Duke identifier)
- Enter your email password
- Click Log In
You can access this email inbox via any web browser on your laptop, tablet, or mobile device. Setting up email on your phone is highly recommended for staying on top of university announcements.
“Having access to my Duke email on my phone has been clutch for staying in the loop while on the go.” – Sarah K., Duke Sophomore
Resetting Your Duke Email Password
If you ever forget your Outlook password, you can easily reset it:
- Click “Can’t access your account?” on the Outlook login page
- Enter your NetID
- Enter your Duke Unique ID number
- Enter your birthdate
- Click Continue
- Follow the instructions to create a new password
Saving your updated password in a password manager is recommended so you don’t get locked out again!
Getting Duke Email Support
For any other Duke email issues, the OIT Help Desk is available with extended hours to provide assistance:
Email: [email protected]
Live Chat: oit.duke.edu during business hours
Some common questions they can help with:
- Email access troubleshooting
- Duke Box file storage assistance
- NetID/password resets
- Technology recommendations
Don’t be afraid to reach out to them with any email or tech issues!