Welcome to the wonderful world of Optus! You’ve got your shiny new SIM card in hand, and now you’re ready to activate it so you can start making calls and surfing the web. Activating your SIM card is super easy – you just need to visit the Optus website. This friendly guide will walk you through the whole process step-by-step.
What You’ll Need Before You Start
Before you begin the activation process, make sure you have the following:
- Your new Optus SIM card
- A valid form of ID – passport, driver’s license, or Medicare card
- A device like a computer or phone to access the Optus website
- Your credit or debit card to set up billing
Once you’ve got all that, you’re ready to roll!
How to Activate Your SIM Card on optus.com.au/activate.
Activating your SIM card only takes a few minutes when you follow these steps:
- On your computer or phone browser, go to optus.com.au/activate.
- Click the big yellow Get Started button.
- Enter your new SIM card number. This will be a 13 or 19 digit number.
- Click Valid SIM after you’ve entered the number.
- Choose one of the Optus prepaid plans. Review each plan’s inclusions and pricing.
- Upload a photo of your ID for identity verification.
- Follow the prompts to finish activating your SIM card!
And that’s it – you’re all done. Wasn’t that easy? Now you can start using your phone’s calling, texting, and data straight away.
Other Ways to Get Help Activating Your SIM
If you need a hand activating your SIM, you’ve got options:
- Chat with an Optus agent right on their website by clicking the chat icon at the bottom.
- Download the My Optus app to chat with the Digital Assistant or connect to an expert.
- Call 1800 555 937 to speak with Optus customer support over the phone.
The friendly Optus team is always here to help you out!
Replacing Your Old SIM Card
Need a new SIM card to replace a damaged or lost one? Here are your options:
- Call Optus at 133 937 and follow the prompts to have a new SIM sent out right away. So easy!
- Visit an Optus store near you by searching your postcode here. The staff can quickly replace your SIM in-store.
Once you’ve got your new SIM in hand, just activate it online using the steps above.
So there you have it – everything you need to know to activate your shiny new Optus SIM card. Now get out there and start chatting, texting and browsing! Enjoy your new freedom.