Congrats friend! Getting approved for the OpenSky Secured Credit Card is an exciting first step to build your credit. Now you just need to activate your card and start using it responsibly. Don’t worry, I’ll walk you through everything.
Activating Your Card is a Breeze
Activating your card is super easy and only takes a few minutes when you follow these steps:
- Go to the OpenSky activation page
- Enter your new card number
- Fill in your personal details like name, SSN, etc.
- Click “Submit”
And that’s it! As long as all the info is correct, your card will instantly activate. Then you’re ready to start building credit.
Pro Tip: Save the activation page to your bookmarks so it’s handy when future cards arrive.
How to Apply for an OpenSky Card
To get approved for an OpenSky Card, you’ll need:
- Your SSN
- To be 18+ years old
- Valid mailing address
- Ability to pay security deposit (typically with debit card)
The online application takes just 5 minutes. They’ll request personal info, income details, and your security deposit payment ranging from $200–$3000.
Then OpenSky reviews your app and deposits your card within 7-10 days. Easy!
Checking Your Application Status
Eagerly waiting by the mailbox? You can check the status by:
- Visiting the application status page
- Entering email, security word, SSN, DOB
- Selecting “Check Status”
This displays updates on if your card was mailed yet or any other next steps.
Time to Start Building Credit
Now comes the fun part of putting your card to work! Here are 3 tips:
- Make purchases you can pay back: Buy gas, groceries, Netflix, etc. Small amounts show responsibility.
- Pay your bill on time: Set up autopay to avoid late fees and credit damage.
- Keep credit utilization low: Using below 30% of your limit is ideal.
Stick to these credit card basics and you’ll be on your way to credit success! Let me know if any other OpenSky questions come up.