Hey parents! Have you heard about the Nick Jr. channel? It’s a must-have for preschoolers, with fun shows like PAW Patrol, Blaze, Shimmer & Shine, and more.
The good news is that activating Nick Jr. on your streaming device or smart TV is super easy. In this short guide, I’ll walk you through the steps so you and your little ones can start watching in no time.
A Quick Intro to Nick Jr.
For those not familiar, Nick Jr. is an ad-free TV channel packed with beloved preschool shows and games. It’s run by the children’s entertainment company ViacomCBS and has been around since 2009.
Some of the most popular Nick Jr. shows and characters include:
- PAW Patrol – Join Ryder and his team of rescue pups as they go on missions and learn lessons.
- Blaze and the Monster Machines – Blaze and his friend AJ have STEM-based adventures and teach about things like velocity and friction.
- Shimmer and Shine – Twin genies-in-training Shimmer and Shine grant wishes and make magic!
- Peppa Pig – Peppa and her family teach social-emotional skills through their daily adventures.
In addition to full episodes, you’ll find original games, coloring sheets, recipes, and other activities to keep little minds engaged.
What You’ll Need Before Activating Nick Jr.
Activating Nick Jr. on your streaming device or smart TV is easy, but you’ll want to have a few things ready first:
- Your streaming device – This can be a Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, etc. As long as the Nick Jr. app is available, you can activate it.
- Your TV provider login – Nick Jr. requires you to login through your cable or live TV streaming subscription. Providers like DIRECTV, Spectrum, Sling, and YouTube TV work.
- A computer/phone – You’ll need a second device to visit the Nick Jr. activation website and enter your code.
- Stable internet connection – Make sure your wifi is connected before starting the process.
Step-by-Step Guide to Activating Nick Jr.
Ready to get Nick Jr. up and running? Here’s a walkthrough for popular streaming devices:
Activate Nick Jr. on Roku
- From your Roku home screen, go to Streaming Channels and select Search Channels.
- Search for “Nick Jr.” – the channel listing will appear in the results.
- Select Add Channel next to the Nick Jr. icon. This installs the app on your Roku.
- Open the Nick Jr. channel and follow the prompts to generate an activation code. It will be 7 digits long.
- Grab your computer or mobile phone and go to nickjr.com/activate.
- Enter the 7-digit code and click Continue.
- Select your TV provider from the list and sign in with your account credentials.
And that’s it! The Nick Jr. channel will now be unlocked on your Roku.
Activate Nick Jr. on Amazon Fire TV at nickjr.com/activate
- From the Fire TV home, go to the Appstore and search for “Nick Jr.”
- Select the Nick Jr. app and click Get to install it.
- Once installed, open the Nick Jr. app. You’ll get a 7-digit activation code.
- On your phone/computer, visit nickjr.com/activate and enter this code.
- Sign in with your TV provider info when prompted.
After signing in, the Nick Jr. channel will be ready to watch on Fire TV!
Activate Nick Jr. on Apple TV
- Open the App Store on your Apple TV’s home screen.
- Search for “Nick Jr.” and select the app. Click Get to install.
- Launch the Nick Jr. app once it finishes installing.
- Follow the activation steps to get your 7-digit code.
- Go to nickjr.com/activate on another device and enter this code.
- Sign in with your cable or live TV streaming provider.
That’s all it takes! Nick Jr. will now be available through your Apple TV.
If you run into any issues activating Nick Jr., here are some tips:
- Make sure your streaming device is connected to the internet.
- Double check that you entered the code correctly on the Nick Jr. website.
- Try generating a new activation code and re-entering it.
- If it’s still not working, you may need to contact your TV provider for assistance.
Get Your Preschooler Watching With Nick Jr.
With such loveable characters and engaging adventures, it’s easy to see why Nick Jr. is a top choice for families. Follow the steps above to get it set up on your Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV or other device.
Then grab some snacks, cuddle up on the couch and get ready to go on some PAW-esome missions! Your little ones will be entertained and learning with their Nick Jr. friends in no time.