Want to get 24/7 hyperlocal news for New York and New Jersey right on your TV? News 12 makes it easy to activate their channel on your favorite streaming device.
I’ll walk you through how to get News 12 up and running on Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, and Roku. Just grab your remote and let’s get started!
Activating News 12 on Apple TV at news12.com/activate
Apple TV users can enjoy News 12’s top local stories from 7 different regions. Here’s how to get set up:
- Turn on your Apple TV and connect it to the internet. You’ll need a stable, high-speed connection to stream smoothly.
- Open the App Store and search for the News 12 app.
- Select Get to install the News 12 app.
- Once it’s downloaded, go back to your home screen and open the News 12 app.
- An activation code and URL will appear on your TV screen. Grab your phone or laptop.
- Visit news12.com/activate and pick your region.
- Enter the activation code and select your TV provider to sign in.
It just takes a few minutes to activate News 12 on your Apple TV. Now you can stay up to date on local news for your area.
Activating News 12 on Fire TV
Fire TV users can also easily add News 12. Just follow these steps:
- From your Fire TV home screen, open the Amazon Appstore.
- Search for News 12 and select Get to install it.
- Launch the News 12 app after it downloads.
- You’ll see a registration code appear on screen.
- On your phone or computer, go to news12.com/activate.
- Pick your region, enter the code, and sign in through your TV provider.
Once verified, News 12 will be ready to watch on your Fire TV in just seconds!
Activating News 12 on Android TV
Don’t miss out on News 12 if you have an Android TV. Here’s how to activate it:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- Search for News 12 and install the app.
- Launch News 12 and note down the activation code shown on your TV.
- Go to news12.com/activate on a mobile browser or computer.
- Select your region, enter the code, and click Submit.
- Pick your TV provider and sign in to complete activation.
Now you can stay up to date on local news, weather, traffic, and more with News 12 on your Android TV.
Activating News 12 on Roku via news12.com/activate
Unfortunately, the News 12 channel is currently unavailable in the Roku Channel Store. But here are the steps to follow when it becomes accessible again:
- From your Roku’s home screen, go to Streaming Channels.
- Select Search Channels and search for News 12.
- Choose Add Channel to install News 12 when available.
- Launch the app and note down the activation code shown on screen.
- Visit news12.com/activate and enter your code.
- Sign in through your TV provider to complete activation.
Then you’ll be able to enjoy News 12’s local reporting right on your Roku!
So there you have it – a handy guide to getting News 12 set up on your streaming device of choice. Now you can stay up to date on breaking news, weather, traffic, and more for your area.