Welcome new Mavericks! As you embark on your academic journey at Minnesota State University, Mankato (MNSU), you’ll become very familiar with D2L Brightspace – the online learning platform used for many classes. This handy guide will equip you with everything you need to know to navigate D2L Brightspace like a pro!
What is D2L Brightspace?
D2L Brightspace is MNSU’s Learning Management System (LMS). It’s your one-stop shop for course content, assignments, grades, and communication when classes have online components. With intuitive navigation and mobile responsiveness, consider Brightspace your new virtual classroom!
You can think of D2L Brightspace as a fancy website that allows instructors to:
- Share course materials
- Administer tests and quizzes
- Create discussion boards
- Monitor student performance
- And lots more!
Meanwhile, as a student you can use it to:
- Access course content 24/7
- Submit assignments
- Join online discussions
- Email instructors and classmates
- Check grades
- And more!
The platform aims to create dynamic and personalized learning suited to face-to-face, hybrid, or fully online courses.
Accessing Your D2L Brightspace Account at Mnsu.learn.minnstate.edu
You’ll need to login to D2L Brightspace using your StarID credentials. Don’t have a StarID yet? Set one up first.
To log into D2L:
- Go to mnsu.learn.minnstate.edu
- Click “D2L Brightspace“
- Login with your StarID and password
Once logged in, you’ll see a homepage with a course navigation bar on the left. Click any course title to access materials, assignments, and tools for that class.
Useful D2L Tools & Features
From the course navbar, check out these commonly used D2L Brightspace tools:
- Content – Course syllabus, lectures, readings
- Discussions – Class forums and conversations
- Grades – View your marks and instructor feedback
- Quizzes – Take tests and exams
- Classlist – See your classmates and email them
Take time to explore the platform and acquaint yourself with how each course structures information in D2L Brightspace. How you use it will vary class-by-class.
Don’t be shy about asking for help while adjusting to D2L Brightspace! Here are great resources:
- On-Campus Support: Visit IT Solutions in the Memorial Library with tech issues
- Instructor Office Hours: Teachers can assist with course-specific D2L questions
- D2L Support Site: Help guides for basic navigation
- MNSU Tech Support: Email [email protected] or call 507-389-6654
We hope this beginner’s guide sets you up for D2L Brightspace success here at Minnesota State Mankato! Let us know if you have any other questions.