Have you ever wanted to add some flair to your Minecraft builds with decorative chains? Or maybe you’re just curious about how to make chains in the first place. Well, you’ve come to the right guide!
In this beginner-friendly tutorial, I’ll show you everything you need to know about crafting chains in Minecraft step-by-step. Along the way, I’ll share some tips for how to use chains creatively too. Sound good? Then let’s get started!
What Are Chains in Minecraft?
Chains are decorative blocks that you can hang things from horizontally or vertically. You’ve probably seen them used in places like:
- Hanging lanterns or bells
- Connecting fence posts
- Decorating castle walls and dungeons
They have a metal textures and you can walk through them when they are positioned horizontally.
Here’s a quick rundown of chains in Minecraft:
- Find Them: Chains generate naturally in ruined portals and bastions in the Nether. They don’t generate overworld.
- Craft Them: You can craft single chains using 1 iron ingot and 2 iron nuggets.
- Mine Them: Use a pickaxe to mine chains. If mined without a pickaxe, they won’t drop anything.
Now let’s get into the specifics of how to craft chains!
Crafting Chains Step-By-Step
Crafting chains is super easy and only takes a few steps:
1. Open Your Crafting Table
Of course, you’ll need to plop down a crafting table first before you can start crafting. When you open it, you’ll see the 3×3 crafting grid:
2. Add 1 Iron Ingot + 2 Iron Nuggets
Next, add your ingredients to the grid:
- 1 Iron Nugget in the center square at the top
- 1 Iron Ingot in the center square in the middle row
- 1 Iron Nugget in the center square at the bottom
It should look exactly like this:
3. Take Your Chains!
If you arranged the iron properly, you’ll see the chains appear on the right side of the crafting grid. Just take ’em and you’re all done!
And that’s it! See, crafting chains isn’t too tricky.
What Else Can You Craft With Chains?
On their own, chains have plenty of great uses for decoration. But did you know you can also use chains to craft other items?
Here are some of the coolest things you can create using chains:
- Lanterns: Combine one chain and one torch to make a hanging lantern. These look awesome lining castle walls!
- Bell: Use 3 chains and 1 tripwire hook to craft a lovely bell decoration. I like to hang these outside village houses.
- Hanging Signs: Mix together 2 chains, 2 wooden planks, and 6 sticks to make a cool hanging sign for shops and stalls.
As you can see, chains are useful ingredient for taking your buildings to the next level with decorative blocks.
So what are you waiting for? Fire up your Minecraft world and start crafting awesome chains projects! Just remember this simple recipe:
1 Iron Ingot + 2 Iron Nuggets = 1 Chain
Happy crafting! Let me know what cool things you end up making with chains.