So you just got a new Milestone credit card in the mail. Congrats! Before you can start using it for purchases though, you need to activate it. Activating your card is a quick and simple process, especially if you follow this handy guide.
Why Do You Need to Activate a New Credit Card?
When credit card companies send out brand new cards, they arrive inactive as a security measure. After all, you wouldn’t want just anyone to find an active credit card and start charging stuff!
Activating the card links it specifically to you before it can be used. It only takes a few minutes.
To activate your Milestone card:
- Visit the Milestone card website at milestonecard.com/activate
- Log into your account
- Follow the instructions to activate your card
Then you’re all set to start using your new plastic!
Tip: If you’ve forgotten your account login info, you can easily reset your password or username right on the Milestone site.
Setting Up Your Online Milestone Account
If you don’t already have an online account set up with Milestone, no worries. Setting one up is straightforward.
Here’s what to do:
- Go to milestonecard.com and click “Register” at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your account number, date of birth, and Social Security number.
- Fill in all required fields to complete your account registration.
And that’s it! With your online account, you’ll be able to view statements, make payments, set up alerts, and more.
How Do I Make a Payment on My Milestone Card?
You have a couple different options to pay your Milestone credit card bill:
- Log into your Milestone account
- Go to the billing and payments section
- Enter your payment details and amount
- Confirm and submit payment
Pay by phone
- Call 1-866-453-26636 to make a payment over the phone. Follow the prompts to complete your payment and confirm.
Important Details About Milestone Cards
- The standard APR (interest rate) is 24.90%
- There is a late fee up to $38
- Milestone specializes in cards for those working to build or rebuild their credit
- Payments are reported to the credit bureaus to help improve your score
- Fraud monitoring and zero liability policies help protect you
I hope this guide gives you everything you need to successfully activate and start using your new Milestone card! Let me know if you have any other questions.