Hey there! Just got a shiny new credit card in the mail from Merrick Bank? Congrats! But don’t get too eager to start swiping it – you’ve got to activate it first. Activating your card is a simple process you can do online in just a few minutes.
In this short guide, I’ll walk you through the quick steps to activate your Merrick Bank card so you can start earning rewards and building your credit. Let’s get started!
What is Merrick Bank?
For those unfamiliar, Merrick Bank is an FDIC insured institution and one of the top 20 issuers of VISA cards in the US. They’ve provided over $5 billion in credit to millions of cardholders over the years.
In addition to credit cards, Merrick Bank provides consumer financing options for recreational vehicles like boats and RVs. So they’re a trusted, established bank with plenty of experience in credit and lending.
Merrickbank.com Activate Credit Card Online
Ready to activate your card? Follow these simple steps:
Visit the Merrick Bank card activation website at merrickbank.com/activate.
Enter these details when prompted:
- Your 16-digit card number
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY format)
After entering your information, click “Activate Your Card”.
Follow the instructions on the next screen to complete the activation process.
And that’s it! Your Merrick Bank credit card is now active and ready for purchases. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.
Here are a few useful tips for a smooth activation process:
- Use a laptop or desktop computer – the activation website may not work well on mobile.
- Have your new card in hand to refer to the card number.
- Double check you’re entering your personal info correctly.
- Complete activation before the “please activate by” deadline on your card.
- Call Merrick Bank at 1-800-204-5936 if you run into any issues.
Once activated, register your card on the online account portal to access your statements, make payments, set up alerts and more.
Using Your New Merrick Bank Credit Card
Now the fun part – time to start using your card! Here are some ways to leverage your new plastic:
- Earn rewards: Many Merrick Bank cards offer cash back, points or travel miles on purchases. Check your rewards rate and start earning.
- Build credit: Using your card responsibly and paying the balance on time helps establish a good credit history.
- Fraud protection: Your card has $0 liability protection against unauthorized charges. Report lost/stolen cards immediately.
- Access account perks: You may have complimentary benefits like rental car insurance, extended warranties and more. Check your cardholder agreement.
- Go contactless: Simply tap your card on card readers for quick, convenient payments. Look for the contactless symbol at checkout.
- Simplify payments: Use your card to easily track expenses. Set up autopay to avoid late fees.