Hey there! Looking to save some extra bucks on your next home improvement project? The Lowe’s credit card might be perfect for you. This handy guide will walk you through everything you need to know to activate and apply for the card.
What is the Lowe’s Credit Card?
The Lowe’s credit card, issued by Synchrony Bank, gives you exclusive discounts and perks when shopping at Lowe’s stores or online at Lowes.com. There are a few different card options:
- Lowe’s Advantage Card – The basic credit card with special financing offers and 5% off your first purchase.
- Lowe’s Business Credit Card – For business expenses with similar perks to the Advantage Card.
- Lowe’s Project Card – A credit card specifically for large home renovation projects with long-term financing.
No matter which one you apply for, you’ll have access to exclusive deals to save money on appliances, tools, lighting, and more.
Activating Your New Lowe’s Credit Card
Once you’ve been approved for the card, you’ll receive it in the mail within 7-10 business days. But it won’t work until you activate it!
You have three options to activate your new Lowe’s credit card:
lowes.com/activate – Activate Online
- Go to Lowes.com/activate.
- Click “Register” to create your online account credentials.
- Enter your account number and billing ZIP code.
- Follow the steps to create your username and password.
- Log in and click “Activate Card” on your account dashboard.
- Enter your card details and hit “Activate”.
Activate by Phone
Simply call the number on the back of your Lowe’s credit card. Follow the automated prompts to:
- Enter your personal info like name, address, and Social Security number.
- Provide your card number and expiration date.
- Choose a card PIN number.
The system will confirm when your card is activated.
Bring your new credit card and photo ID to any Lowe’s store. Ask an associate at the customer service desk or checkout to help activate your card.
Provide them with:
- Your personal info
- Card number
- Expiration date
- Choose a PIN number
And that’s it – you can now start using your card once it’s activated!
Applying for a Lowe’s Credit Card
Ready to apply for a Lowe’s card and start saving? Here’s the process:
- Go to Lowes.com/activate and click “Apply Now”.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your SSN and phone number.
- Provide your income, employment, and housing details.
- Review your application and submit!
You’ll get a response in minutes, and your card within 7-10 days of approval.
- Visit any Lowe’s store and ask for a credit card application at the customer service desk.
- Fill out the application with your personal and financial info.
- Turn it in to the associate or drop box.
If approved, you’ll get a temporary card to use while waiting for your permanent one.
And that’s all there is to it! Activating and applying for the Lowe’s credit card is easy and gives you access to special financing and discounts. Hopefully this guide gave you all the details you need to start saving on your next project. Let me know if you have any other questions!