Have you ever needed to check your retirement account balance or update your address with the Louisiana State Retirement Systems (LaSRS)? It’s now easier than ever with their online member portal. This beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know to log in and start managing your benefits online.
What is LaSRS?
LaSRS oversees the administration of pension benefits for state employees and retirees. They’ve been providing this service to the citizens of Louisiana for over 30 years through four main agencies:
- Office of Aging and Adult Services
- Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities
- Office of Behavioral Health
- Medicaid Vendor Administration
The goal of the LaSRS member portal at LaSRS.statres.com is to give you secure access to your personal account information.
Logging In to Your LaSRS Account
Gaining access to your account is a simple process:
- Go to the LaSRS login page at LaSRS.statres.com
- Enter your username and password
- Click Login
And that’s it! You’ll then be directed to your personal account dashboard.
Good to Know: If it’s your first time accessing the site, you’ll need to register for an account first before you can log in. We’ll cover how to sign up later in this article.
Resetting Your Password
Uh oh, what if you forgot your password? No worries, you can easily reset it:
- Visit LaSRS.statres.com and click “Can’t log in to Account?”
- Enter your username and click Submit
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password
You’ll then be able to log in with your new password.
Signing Up for a LaSRS Account
Don’t have an account yet? Registering is easy:
Go to LaSRS.statres.com and search for
Answer the questions about:
- Your agency name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Training session details
Solve the math captcha security check
After registering, you can immediately log into your new account!
Key Account Information You Can Access
Once logged-in, LaSRS allows you to:
- View your retirement account balance – See up-to-date details on your pension funds
- Check payment history – Verify past payments into and out of your retirement account
- Update personal details – Change your address, beneficiary info, contact information
- Manage direct deposit – Set up or update electronic transfer of your benefit payments
And more! LaSRS makes it simple to monitor your state retirement benefits.
I hope this beginner’s guide gives you a better understanding of how to access your Louisiana state retirement account online through LaSRS.statres.com. Managing your pension details is now as easy as logging into your secure account dashboard.
Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions! I’m also happy to provide more retirement planning tips and tricks on my site Tractorsinfo.net.