So you want to stream the latest Disney, Marvel and Star Wars movies, but Disney+ just won’t work on your Firestick? Don’t worry – you’re not alone. Lots of folks run into issues from time to time. This handy guide will walk you through the most common problems and how to fix them.
Why Disney+ Might Not Be Working
Before we dig into solutions, let’s quickly run through what might be causing issues:
- Slow internet – Disney+ recommends at least 5 Mbps speeds for HD streaming. If your internet is slow, shows may buffer constantly or not play at all.
- Service outages – Disney’s servers going down can temporarily cause issues across all devices. Not much you can do but wait this one out!
- Account problems – If you’re entering the wrong password or your subscription lapsed, the app will refuse to play content.
- App conflicts – Corrupted app data can sometimes break features.
- Old firmware – Make sure your Firestick firmware is up to date for best app compatibility.
Now let’s get Disney+ up and running again!
5 Tips to Fix Disney+ Problems on Firestick
1. Check Your Internet Speed
Streaming problems almost always come down to internet speeds. Use a site like Fast.com to test the speed on your Firestick. Anything above 10 Mbps should give you solid performance for HD Disney+ streaming.
If your speed is lower, try moving your Firestick closer to the wifi router, upgrading your internet plan or using a wired connection if possible.
2. Restart Your Firestick
An easy reboot can clear up lots of minor glitches:
- Press and hold the select and play/pause buttons on your Firestick remote for 10-15 seconds until the device restarts.
- Or go to Settings > My Fire TV > Restart to reboot.
Once it powers back on, launch Disney+ again. This often resolves app crashing, black screens or content not loading issues.
3. Update Your Firestick Software
Out of date software can mess with app compatibility. Go to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates to download the latest firmware.
Once updated, try using Disney+ again.
4. Delete and Reinstall the Disney+ App
If rebooting doesn’t fix things, try removing and reinstalling the app:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications
- Select Disney+ > Force Stop > Clear Cache > Clear Data
- Uninstall Disney+
- Restart your Firestick
- Download Disney+ again from the app store
- Log back into Disney+
This will wipe out any corrupted app data causing problems.
5. Contact Disney+ Support
If you still can’t access Disney+ after trying these steps, reach out to their 24/7 support team by phone, email or live chat. They can look into specific account or app issues on their end.
And there you have it – with a little troubleshooting, you’ll be streaming your favorite Disney movies in no time. Enjoy!