We all love Hulu for its awesome selection of shows and movies. But sometimes you watch stuff that you don’t necessarily want others seeing in your viewing history. Totally get it!
Luckily, Hulu makes it super easy to delete titles from your watch history. In this handy guide, we’ll explore the different ways you can remove shows and movies from your account’s watch history.
Watching on Your Smart TV or Streaming Device?
If you primarily use Hulu on your beloved Smart TV, streaming stick, or similar device, just follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the Details Page for the show or movie you want to remove. You can typically find this under the information icon or by selecting the title.
- Look for the option to Manage Movie or Manage Series and select it.
- Choose Remove from Watch History to delete that title from your account’s watch data.
- Confirm your choice when prompted.
And that’s it! If you change your mind, no worries – just hit cancel to go back.
Note: You’ll only see the Manage option for titles that are already in your viewing history.
Prefer Watching on Your Computer?
No problem! Managing your watch history works similarly in the browser:
- Go to Hulu.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on Keep Watching and find the show or movie you want to delete.
- Click on the X icon next to the title. This removes it from your history.
- Select Done to confirm.
If you accidentally delete something, quickly choose Undo before hitting Done.
Need to Delete All Watch History?
If your goal is to erase your Hulu watch data for all profiles on the account, it just takes a couple extra clicks:
- On Hulu.com, go to Privacy and Settings > California Privacy Rights.
- Under Manage Activity, click on Watch History.
- Select Clear Selected next to All Watch History.
And that’ll wipe all the watch history for every profile!
Watching on Your Phone? Same Process!
Managing your watch data works much the same whether using the Hulu mobile app on your phone or the website on a computer.
To remove a title from your watch history in the Hulu app:
- Open up Hulu and go to “Keep Watching” or “All Watch History“.
- Tap the 3 dots next to the video thumbnail.
- Select Remove from Watch History in the menu that pops up .
- Confirm your choice.
And the title is gone from your history, almost as if by magic!
We don’t know about you, but we love having more control over our account activity. Hopefully this breakdown makes it super simple to manage your Hulu watch history. Have fun bingeing your favorite shows!