So you want to access your Tumblr account on the big screen? I feel you. Unfortunately, Roku doesn’t have an official Tumblr app you can add through the Channel Store. But don’t worry—you’ve got options!
In this handy guide, I’ll walk you through two easy methods to mirror the Tumblr app from your mobile device right to your Roku.
What You’ll Need
Before we begin, make sure you’ve got:
- A Roku device connected to your TV via HDMI
- The Roku remote
- A smartphone or tablet with the Tumblr app installed
- For Android devices, download the app from the Google Play Store
- For iOS/iPhone devices, download it from the App Store
- Both devices connected to the same WiFi network
Method #1: Mirror an Android Device to Roku
Mirroring your Android screen to Roku only takes a few taps:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device
- Select Cast or Smart View (name varies)
- Toggle on Screen Mirroring
- Select your Roku device from the list
- Allow access to start mirroring
- Open the Tumblr app and you’re set!
If you can’t get your Android device to connect:
- Check that screen mirroring is enabled in your Roku settings under System > Screen Mirroring
- Try moving the Android device closer to your Roku
- Reboot both devices and retry connection
Method #2: Use a Third-Party iOS App
The process is a bit different for iPhone and iPad. You’ll need to download an app called Mirror for Roku to broadcast your screen.
- Install Mirror for Roku from the App Store
- Open the app and select your Roku device
- Follow prompts to connect Roku and allow access
- Tap Start Broadcast to begin mirroring
- Launch Tumblr app on iOS device
- Log into your Tumblr account
- Post and browse on the big screen!
And that’s it! With either method, you should now have your Tumblr feed mirrored right on your TV through Roku.
I hope this quick guide helped you get set up. Now relax and scroll through fanart, nature pics, or whatever you follow on Tumblr—super-sized! 😊 Let me know if you have any other questions.