Hey there! If you love Indian movies and shows, you’ll be excited to learn you can get the Hotstar streaming service on your Roku device. 📺⚡️ In this short guide, I’ll walk you through everything you need to know to start watching over 60,000 hours of Hotstar content in no time. 😎👍
What is Hotstar?
Hotstar is a popular on-demand video streaming platform owned by Disney that offers tons of Indian TV shows, films, sports, news and Hotstar originals all in one place. They have content available in 8 different Indian languages too!
Some key things to know:
- Ad-supported free tier or paid subscriptions available
- Stream on up to 2 devices at once
- Compatible with Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast and more
Ready to get Hotstar rolling on your Roku? Let’s do this!
Step 1: Add the Hotstar Channel
Adding channels on Roku is super simple. Just:
- From your Roku home screen, scroll down and select Streaming Channels
- Choose Search Channels
- Type “Hotstar”
- Select Add Channel
Once added, you’ll get a confirmation message. Press OK and you should now see the Hotstar icon on your Roku home screen. 🏡
Pro Tip: You can also search for channels using the Roku mobile app!
Step 2: Activate Your Hotstar Account at hotstar.com/activate
Almost there! Now we just need to connect your Hotstar account to start streaming.
- Highlight and select the Hotstar channel icon
- Choose Go to Channel
- It will prompt you to activate – this links your account to view content
- Open your computer browser or mobile browser
- Go to hotstar.com/activate
- Sign in with your Hotstar account
- Enter the unique activation code shown on your TV screen
- Click Activate and enjoy! ✨
Note: Already subscribed to Hotstar? Skip ahead to the activation steps. Don’t have an account yet? Check out the next section for how to sign up.
Becoming a Hotstar member only takes a minute:
- Visit Hotstar’s website
- Click Login then Create Account
- Enter your name, email and password
- Select subscription plan
- Make payment to complete
And that’s it! You’ll now be able to sign in on devices and start watching.
I hope this quick guide helped explain the basics of how to get Hotstar streaming on your Roku. Have fun exploring all the great Indian entertainment now at your fingertips! Let me know if any other questions come up.