Welcome! I’m here to walk you through the super simple steps to activate your new Best Buy credit card or gift card for online purchases.
Whether you’re a long-time Best Buy shopper or just received your first store card in the mail, getting it up and running on your account is a breeze. This guide has all the details you need.
An Overview of Best Buy Credit Cards
Best Buy offers their own Visa credit cards to help loyal customers finance big purchases like laptops, TVs, appliances and more.
- Special financing offers
- 5% back in rewards on Best Buy purchases
- 0% interest for 6-24 months on purchases over a certain amount
They also sell Best Buy gift cards that make great presents for the techies in your life!
To use either of these payment methods for online shopping though, you’ll need to activate the card on your bestbuy.com account first.
Let’s look at how!
Activating Your Best Buy Credit Card
Activating a new Best Buy credit card only takes a few minutes. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Best Buy website and click on “Account” at the top of the page.
- Click on “Payment Methods” from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Add a Payment Method” and choose “Best Buy Credit Card”.
- Enter your card number, security code, and other details exactly as they appear on the physical card.
- Check the box to agree to the account terms and click “Activate Your Card”.
That’s all it takes! Your Best Buy credit card will now be available for purchases on your account.
Activating Best Buy Gift Cards
Did you receive a Best Buy gift card for the gadget lover in your family? Just follow this quick 3-step activation process:
- Go to the Best Buy Gift Card Activation page.
- Enter the 16-digit gift card number on the back of the card.
- Select an email and click “Continue”.
After confirming your email, your gift card balance will load onto a digital card for online shopping.
Get Support Activating Cards
If you have any trouble activating Best Buy credit cards or gift cards online, their support team is ready to help:
- Click on “Get Support” at the bottom of any page on BestBuy.com.
- Choose “Visit Our Support Center” to browse help topics or contact options.
- Search for your issue or select “Contact Us” to get answers fast.
And that’s everything you need to know to get your Best Buy payment cards up and running for online use! Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions.