So you want to watch Game of Thrones, Westworld, or those exclusive Max Originals on your television? Awesome! Getting HBO Max on your smart TV is pretty straightforward. This short guide will walk you through everything you need to know to get set up.
What Devices Support the HBO Max App?
HBO Max is available on most popular streaming platforms, including:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Gaming consoles like Xbox and Playstation
- Many smart TVs
As long as you have a supported device and high-speed internet, you’re good to go.
Two Ways to Activate HBO Max on Your TV
There are two main ways to activate the HBO Max app on your television:
1. Through Your TV Provider
If you already subscribe to HBO through a cable or satellite provider like Spectrum, DirecTV, Optimum, etc., you can just use your TV provider credentials to log into HBO Max.
- Install the HBO Max app on your device
- Open the app and select “Sign in with a Provider”
- Take note of the unique activation code shown on screen
- Visit hbomax.com/tvsignin on your phone or computer
- Enter the code and click Next
- Sign in with your TV provider credentials
Once you enter the correct sign-in info, your TV will be activated for streaming!
2. With an HBO Max Subscription
You can also subscribe directly to HBO Max for $9.99/month with ads or $14.99/month ad-free.
To sign up:
- Go to hbomax.com
- Click Sign Up Now
- Select your preferred plan
- Enter your email, password, and payment info
Then just use your HBO Max email and password to log into the app on your devices.
Step-by-Step Guide for Popular Devices
Here are more detailed instructions for getting HBO Max on some of the most popular streaming platforms.
To activate HBO Max on your Apple TV 4K or HD:
- Open the App Store
- Search for “HBO Max”
- Download and install the HBO Max app
- Open the app and select “Sign In”
- Choose either your TV provider or HBO Max account
- Follow prompts for activation code and signing in
Hbomax.com TVsignin on Roku
Roku makes activation simple:
- Go to the Roku Channel Store
- Search for and add the HBO Max channel
- Open the HBO Max channel
- Select your sign-in method and follow the instructions
Amazon Fire TV
For Amazon Fire TV, Fire Stick, and Fire Cube:
- Go to the Amazon Appstore
- Search for and install HBO Max
- Launch the app
- Sign in with your TV provider or HBO Max account
- Enter code if prompted and sign-in
On Android smart TVs like Sony, TCL, Hisense:
- Find HBO Max in the Google Play Store
- Download and open the HBO Max app
- Choose sign-in with provider or HBO Max account
- Complete code or sign-in steps
And that’s all there is to it! With just a few steps, you’ll be watching HBO Max on your television in no time.