So you just got a shiny new Bank of Hawaii (BOH) card in the mail? Awesome! But before you can start swiping away, you’ll need to activate it first. Activating your card is super easy and only takes a few minutes.
In this handy guide, we’ll walk through the step-by-step instructions for activating your BOH card either online or by phone. We’ll also cover:
- How to reactivate an inactive BOH card
- Adding authorized users
- Activating Bankoh by Phone
Let’s dive in!
Online BOH Card Activation
Activating online is fast and simple. Just follow these steps:
- Head to the BOH card activation site: hawaiianbohcard.com/activate
- If you’re an existing cardmember, sign in with your username and password.
- If you’re a new cardmember, click “Activate my card now” and enter:
- The last 4 digits of your SSN
- Date of birth
- Account number
- Security code
- Select your occupation
- Confirm whether you’re a US citizen
- Click Continue and follow the remaining prompts
And voilà! Your card should now be activated and ready to use.
Tip: If your card is already active and you need to reactivate it, call BOH customer service at 1-877-406-2051.
Activating Your BOH Card By Phone
You can also activate your card by calling 1-877-353-0956. The automated phone system will guide you through the process.
Other BOH Activation Tasks
Adding Authorized Users
Want to add someone else to your account? You can authorize additional users either online or by phone:
- Online: Sign in to your account and select “Authorized User” under “Services”
- Phone: Call the number on the back of your BOH card
For each user, you’ll need to provide their:
- Full name
- Date of birth
Activating Bankoh By Phone
Bankoh By Phone provides free automated banking access for BOH account holders.
To activate, call the number for your location:
- Hawaii: 808-643-3888
- Mainland US & Canada: 1-888-643-3888
The system will walk you through selecting a PIN and getting set up.
So there you have it! Activating your card only takes a few quick steps either online or by phone. Before you know it, you’ll be off making purchases and payments with your shiny new BOH card.