So you just got an Embark dog DNA test kit! Exciting stuff. Now it’s time to activate your kit so you can unlock your pup’s genetic secrets. Don’t worry, I’ll walk you through the whole activation process step-by-step. Let’s get started!
What You’ll Need To Get Started
Before jumping in, make sure you have the following:
- A stable internet connection
- A computer, phone, or tablet
- Your 14-digit swab kit code (the one starting with 310)
- The 7-digit EM activation code
- A minute of your time!
Once you’ve got those basics covered, just head to the activation website to get the ball rolling.
Accessing the Activation Website at embarkvet.com/activate
- Navigate to theEmbark activation site at embarkvet.com/activate.
- If you already have an account created, sign in with your credentials.
- Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can easily create one right there.
Step-By-Step Activation Walkthrough
I’ll take you through the whole activation flow now so you know exactly what to expect.
After logging into your Embark account, find and click the “Activate Kit” button next to your dog’s name. This kicks off the activation wizard.
On the next screen, enter your unique 7-character EM activation code when prompted.
- If you don’t have an EM code, select “Don’t have an activation code?” to use your 14-digit swab kit code instead.
Click “Continue” and answer any additional questions to complete activation. That’s it!
And just like that, your kit is prepped and ready to collect your dog’s DNA. Pretty easyright?
Swabbing Your Dog’s Cheek For The DNA Sample
- After activation comes the fun part – using the swab kit to collect your dog’s DNA sample for analysis.
- All you need to do is gently rub the swab on the inside of your dog’s cheek for a minute or so.
- Be sure to let the swab air dry afterwards before placing it securely into the sample packaging.
Sending Your Dog’s Sample to the Lab
- Place the completely dry swab into the postage-paid Embark sample packaging.
- Customers in the U.S. – just drop that package in any standard mailbox to send back to Embark’s lab.
- International customers will need to add additional postage before mailing.
And that’s the last hands-on step you need to take. Embark handles the rest!
Next Steps – Getting Your Dog’s DNA Results
After Embark receives your dog’s DNA sample, you’ll get an email confirming they have it. Exciting!
Now comes the fun part – patiently awaiting your furry friend’s genetic secrets to be unlocked.
Expect results via email within 2 to 4 weeks after Embark processes your dog’s sample.
I don’t know about you, but I always get way too impatient waiting on those results. But trust me, your dog’s unique genetic story makes it well worth the wait!
So there you have it – a complete walkthrough of activating and using your Embark dog DNA test. You’ve got this! If any questions pop up along the way, Embark has awesome customer support to help guide you.
I can’t wait for you to unlock the secrets hiding in your dog’s DNA. Enjoy!