Are you setting up DirecTV on a new device and need to activate it before you can enjoy those hundreds of live channels? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Activating DirecTV can be done in just a few steps. This article walks through how to activate DirecTV on the most popular streaming platforms. Let’s get started!
Activating Your DirecTV App on Fire TV
You bought a brand new Firestick from Amazon for your TV and want those sports channels ASAP without hunting for sketchy “free” streaming sites? All it takes is following these easy steps:
- Open the Apps section on your Fire TV’s home screen and search for the DirecTV app.
- Download and install the app, which should just take a minute or two.
- Launch the DirecTV app and you’ll see an activation code on-screen (log in with your credentials if prompted).
- Grab your phone or laptop and browse to directv.com/activate in your device’s web browser.
- Type or paste your activation code on the DirecTV website, then click Continue.
- Follow the remaining instructions on-screen to complete the process in 5-10 minutes.
💡 Pro Tip: If you’re having issues activating the app, you may need to enable Apps from Unknown Sources in the Fire TV settings menu.
And that’s all you need for getting started! Within minutes you’ll have your channels up and running. Pretty painless, right?
Activate on Apple TV at directv.com/activate
Do you want to watch your favorite NFL games each Sunday in sweet, sweet HD? The DirecTV app for Apple TV makes it possible, with access to live sports in HD through the DirecTV network and RedZone channels. Just activate using these quick steps:
- Open the App Store on your Apple TV’s home screen.
- Search for the DirecTV app and select Download. This installs the app on your device.
- Launch the newly installed DirecTV app and look for a long activation code.
- Sign in with your provider credentials if prompted before you see the code.
- Using your iPhone, iPad or Mac browser, head to the DirecTV activation site.
- Enter the activation code when prompted and click Continue to complete the DirecTV channel activation.
Now you can enjoy crisp high definition TV from your Apple TV and DirecTV subscription. Let the binge-watching begin!
Setting Up DirecTV on Your Roku Player
Love having all your entertainment consolidated into a single set-top box device? The Roku streaming player is perfect, providing quick access to thousands of streaming channels including DirecTV’s huge channel lineup once activated.
Simply follow these instructions:
- Using your remote, open the Channel Store from Roku’s home screen.
- Search for and select the DirecTV channel. Choose to Add Channel.
- The DirecTV app will install automatically to your Roku device after adding the channel.
- Launch the newly installed DirecTV app from your Roku’s home screen.
- You’ll see an on-screen activation code. Note the code down if it’s not visible automatically.
- Head to directv.com/activate on any web browser such as your phone or computer.
- Enter the activation code from your Roku’s DirecTV app when prompted.
- Click Continue and follow any remaining steps shown to finish the activation process.
After a few quick minutes your DirecTV subscription will be enabled through the Roku app. Then you can start streaming your favorite shows!
I hope this guide provided a clear walkthrough on getting DirecTV setup on Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku devices. Let me know if you have any other questions!