Want to watch CNBC’s business and financial news coverage on your Roku? Getting set up is easy! Just follow this simple guide to install the CNBC channel app and activate it for streaming.
A Quick Intro to CNBC
CNBC is a popular cable and satellite TV channel focused on business news and financial markets. It’s owned by NBCUniversal and offers both live news coverage as well as shows exploring companies, entrepreneurs, money matters, and more.
Over 80% of US households with a TV have access to CNBC through their provider. But cord-cutters can also stream CNBC by adding the channel app on streaming devices like Roku.
Step-by-Step Guide to Stream CNBC on Roku via cnbc.com/rokutv
Follow these steps to get CNBC ready to watch on your Roku player:
- Turn on your Roku and connect to the internet
Make sure your Roku box or streaming stick is powered on, connected to your TV, and linked to your home WiFi. Also sign into your Roku account if prompted.
- Open the Roku Channel Store
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote
- Select the Streaming Channels tile
- Choose the Channel Store option
- Search for the CNBC app
- Select Search Channels
- Type “CNBC” and press Search on your remote
- Locate CNBC in the search results
- Install the CNBC app
- Highlight the CNBC app icon
- Choose Add Channel to begin installation
- Enter your Roku PIN if asked
- Find CNBC on your Roku Home screen
The app should now be installed! Scroll down on your Home screen to find it.
- Sign into your CNBC account
- Open the CNBC app and sign in with your provider credentials
- This links your Roku access to your CNBC subscription
- Activate CNBC streaming access
- If you get an activation code instead of signing in, you’ll need to activate
- Open cnbc.com/rokutv on a phone, tablet or computer
- Enter the code and follow prompts to activate your Roku
Once activation finishes, you should have full access to CNBC on demand and live streaming through the channel app on your Roku!
Having issues getting CNBC to work on Roku? Try these troubleshooting tips:
- Double check your CNBC subscription status at cnbc.com. You’ll need an active account.
- If already active, contact CNBC customer support for activation help.
- Make sure your Roku has the latest software. An outdated device can cause streaming problems.
And there you have it! With just a few steps, you can unlock live and on demand CNBC streaming right on your Roku player. It’s a great way for cord cutters to keep up with the latest business and money news.