Have you ever wanted to watch the Golf Channel on your Roku device? As a golf fan, I was excited to learn I could access tons of golf content through a Golf Channel app. In this short guide, I’ll walk you through exactly how to access and watch the Golf Channel on Roku in just a few quick steps.
An Introduction to the Golf Channel
For those unfamiliar, the Golf Channel is a popular sports TV network owned by NBC that focuses primarily on golf programming. It offers coverage of all the major professional tours and tournaments like:
- PGA Tour
- US Open
- The Open Championship
- LPGA Tour
- Golf at the Summer Olympics
So if you enjoy watching golf, the Golf Channel likely has all the content you’re looking for.
While the Golf Channel is accessible through most cable and satellite packages, you can also watch it through streaming devices like Roku.
Steps to Add the Golf Channel App to Roku
Without further ado, here’s exactly how to get the Golf Channel working on your Roku device:
- Turn on your Roku and connect it to your WiFi network as usual.
- From the Home screen, scroll down to the “Streaming Channels” section.
- Select “Search”.
- In the search box, type “Golf Channel” and press search.
- If it doesn’t show up, try searching for “USA Pro Tour Golf Channel” instead.
- Select the Golf Channel app icon from the search results.
- Choose “Details” and then select “Add Channel” to install the app.
- Once installed, select the Golf Channel app icon from your Roku Home screen.
- Choose “Sign In” and enter your account credentials.
- If you need to create an account, follow these steps.
- Start watching and enjoying all your favorite golf content!
And that’s it! With just those few simple steps, you’ll have access to a vast catalog of golf programming through your Roku device.
Additional Tips for Streaming the Golf Channel
Here are some extra pointers to improve your Golf Channel streaming experience:
- Make sure your Roku is connected to a strong, high-speed internet connection for best performance. Golf in HD takes decent bandwidth!
- For major tournaments, expect high demand which can sometimes impact stream quality and reliability. Connect via ethernet if possible.
*Don’t forget about the Golf Channel mobile apps! Great for streaming on phones and tablets on-the-go.
- Refer to Golf Channel’s Help page for the latest troubleshooting and streaming tips.
I hope this short tutorial helped explain exactly how to start watching the Golf Channel using Roku. Let me know if you have any other questions!