Watching live sports is way more fun on the big screen! If you love Big Ten conference matchups, getting the Big Ten Network (BTN) channel on your Roku device lets you stream over 1,500 events each year.
In this guide, I’ll walk through the steps to activate BTN on your Roku through various provider options. By the end, you’ll be cheering on your favorite teams in no time!
Overview of Watching BTN on Roku
The Big Ten Network features awesome coverage of basketball, football, volleyball, wrestling, and more. Here’s what you can expect:
- In-depth analysis shows like The Final Drive, The B1G Show, and Big Ten Elite
- Hundreds of live games and championship events every season
- Original BTN programming you won’t find anywhere else
Luckily, BTN comes included with several major streaming platforms that offer Roku apps. All you need is an active subscription!
Top Options for Activating BTN on Roku
- AT&T TV NOW
- Hulu + Live TV
- YouTube TV
- PlayStation Vue
I’ll cover how to get setup with each option below. But first, let’s go over the steps to install streaming apps on your Roku.
How to Add Channels and Apps to Your Roku
Adding streaming services like fuboTV or Hulu to your Roku only takes a few minutes. Just follow these quick steps:
- From your Roku’s Home screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels menu
- Use the Search option to find your desired app
- Select the streaming service app and click Add Channel
- Sign in using your account login credentials
And that’s it! The app icon will now show up on your Roku Home screen for easy access.
Next, I’ll walk through how to subscribe and login to the major providers with Big Ten Network.
Activating BTN through AT&T TV NOW
AT&T TV NOW (formerly DirecTV Now) offers several plans with BTN access, including:
- PLUS – $65/month
- MAX – $80/month
The MAX package contains over 50 channels beyond PLUS, including HBO and regional sports networks.
To signup, just:
- Go to atttvnow.com and select your preferred plan
- Create a new AT&T account if you don’t already have one
- Download the AT&T TV app on your Roku and login using your AT&T credentials
Once signed in through the Roku app, you’ll have full access to live and on-demand BTN content!
Getting BTN through fuboTV
fuboTV markets itself as “a sports-first live TV streaming platform”. It’s a great option for Big Ten fans, with BTN inclusion starting at the $55/month base package.
To subscribe and connect fuboTV to your Roku:
- Visit fubo.tv to register and pick your preferred package
- Download the fuboTV app on Roku and login
- Enjoy the games!
Some fuboTV perks include:
- Cloud DVR storage to record events
- Lookback feature to watch games you missed from the last 72 hours
- Concurrent streaming so multiple devices can tune in
Give fuboTV a shot with a free 7-day trial to see if you like the channel lineup.
BTN Streaming with a Hulu + Live TV Subscription
Hulu + Live TV delivers over 75 sports, news, and entertainment channels, including Big Ten Network. Pricing starts at $69.99 per month.
Here’s a quick guide to getting up and running:
- Head to Hulu.com and select Start Your Free Trial
- Choose your base package, then pick any premium add-ons like HBO Max or unlimited screens
- Download the Hulu app on Roku and login with your new credentials
Some Hulu benefits:
- Stream BTN and Hulu originals all in one place
- Access to on-demand show libraries from networks like ABC, Fox, and NBC
- Cloud DVR storage with option to upgrade space
Hulu offers a week-long free trial, so test it out risk-free.
YouTube TV is another solid BTN option starting at $64.99 per month. It includes over 85+ channels like ESPN, TNT, CNN, Cartoon Network, and more.
To get YouTube TV set up:
- Visit tv.YouTube.com and select Try it Free
- Choose your signup preferences and enter payment
- Install the YouTube TV app on Roku and enter your YouTube/Google login info
YouTube TV allows 3 simultaneous streams at once, unlimited cloud DVR storage, and 6 YouTube TV member accounts per household.
Give the free trial a shot first before committing to test coverage in your area.
BTN on PlayStation Vue
Lastly, the PlayStation Vue streaming service offers Big Ten Network access starting at $54.99 per month.
Follow these steps to connect your Roku:
- Visit PlayStation.com/Vue and select Start Free Trial
- Choose your base package (Core and higher have BTN)
- Download the PlayStation Vue Roku app and login
With your subscription, you can stream BTN across 5 devices simultaneously. And you can save unlimited DVR recordings for up to 28 days.
I’d recommend the 5-day free preview to experience PlayStation Vue’s features and channel lineup before paying.
Get Ready to Stream Great Sports Action
Hopefully this guide gave you all the information you need to activate Big Ten Network on your Roku device. With exciting basketball tournaments, thrilling overtime football matchups, and more – BTN offers must-see programming for any Big Ten fan.
Try out the various streaming platforms using the free trial periods. In just a few clicks, you’ll open access to 1,500+ BTN live events this year and immerse yourself in all the hard-hitting sports action. Enjoy!