So you just received a shiny new BMO credit card in the mail? Congrats! 🥳 Before you can start swiping though, you’ll need to activate it first on BMO’s website.
Activating your card is super quick and easy. I’ll walk you through the whole process step-by-step. Then you can get right to enjoying those sweet BMO rewards, cashback perks, or whatever made you sign up in the first place!
A Bit About BMO
For those unfamiliar with BMO (aka the Bank of Montreal), they are one of the major banks here in Canada. BMO offers a wide range of banking and investment services, both online and through their 900+ branches across the country.
They have over 7 million customers just here in Canada! So you’ll be in good company as a BMO cardholder.
Fun Fact: BMO is actually one of the oldest banks in North America, founded back in 1817!
Before You Activate
Make sure you have your new BMO credit card handy before starting the activation process.
You’ll need to enter details like:
- 16-digit card number
- Expiration date (MM/YY format)
- 3-digit security code on the back
I recommend having your laptop or mobile device nearby to complete activation online.
Now let’s walk through the quick steps to get your card up and running!
How to Activate Your BMO Credit Card Online
Activating online at bmo.com/activate only takes a few minutes. Follow along below:
- Pull up the BMO activation page on your browser
- Enter your 16-digit card number
- Input your card’s expiration date in MM/YY format (e.g. 06/25)
- Enter the 3-digit security code from the back of your card
- Review all details carefully then select NEXT
- Follow the remaining activation prompts to complete the process
And that’s it! Your new BMO credit card is now ready to use for purchases online and in-store. 💳
If you run into any hiccups activating your card on BMO’s website, don’t panic. Reach out to their customer support team for assistance:
- Online Support Tool: Follow prompts on BMO’s support page
- By Phone: Call 1-844-837-9228
You can also use their website to report lost/stolen cards or dig into frequently asked questions.
So get activating and start enjoying that new BMO plastic! Let me know if you have any other credit card questions.