So you just received a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana (BCBSLA) member ID card in the mail. Awesome! But before you can start using your card to access healthcare services and benefits, you need to activate it through the BCBSLA website.
Activating your new BCBSLA card is super easy and only takes a few minutes when you follow this simple, step-by-step guide. Whether you’re activating on a computer, phone, or tablet, you’ll be up and running with your member account in no time.
How to Activate Your BCBSLA Card Online at bcbsla.com/activate
Here is the quickest way to get your new BCBSLA member ID card activated online:
- Navigate to the BCBSLA activate page:
- Go to bcbsla.com/activate in your internet browser
- Enter your card details:
- Fill in your Member ID
- Add your First Name and Last Name
- Provide your Date of Birth
- Type in your Zip Code
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation
- Start using your benefits!
It really is that easy. Within just a few minutes, your BCBSLA member ID card will be active and ready to go.
Tip: Make sure to have your new BCBSLA card in hand when activating, as you will need the exact member ID and other details.
Alternate Activation Methods
If you have any trouble using the bcbsla.com/activate page for some reason, don’t worry — you still have options to activate your BCBSLA member ID card:
Activate Through bcbsla.com
- Go to bcbsla.com
- Click Log In (top right corner)
- Select New member? Activate your account
- Choose Member then follow additional instructions
Call BCBSLA Member Support
You can also activate your new BCBSLA member ID card over the phone by calling BCBSLA Member Support at 1-800-821-2753.
- Available Monday–Friday, 8AM–8PM
- Just follow voice prompts to activate with an agent
Pro Tip: Have your BCBSLA card details available before calling to speed up the activation process.
Either way, online or by phone, activating your new BCBSLA member account is a total breeze.
Get the Most Out of Your BCBSLA Membership
Now that you know how to quickly activate your BCBSLA member ID card, you can start taking advantage of all the great benefits and services BCBSLA has to offer, including:
- Accessing the BCBSLA member portal
- Finding in-network healthcare providers
- Checking claims and coverage
- Viewing and paying bills
- Downloading ID cards to smartphones
- Joining health & wellness programs
- And more!
So don’t let your new BCBSLA member ID card sit around collecting dust. Activate it ASAP using this handy guide and unlock the full value of your plan!
Have any other questions about getting started with your BCBSLA health plan? Feel free to call Member Support anytime or check out bcbsla.com for additional help.