Hi there! If you receive Unemployment Insurance, Paid Family Leave, or Disability Insurance benefits from California’s Employment Development Department (EDD), you likely have an EDD debit card from Bank of America to access your funds. This handy guide will walk you through everything you need to know to activate, use, and manage this convenient card.
Why Use the EDD Debit Card?
The EDD provides this Visa debit card, rather than paper checks, as an easy way to get your money. There’s no credit check or account monitoring – it just gives you quick access to your benefits. Perks include:
- Fast deposits – Money is available shortly after EDD approves benefits
- Use anywhere – Make purchases wherever Visa is accepted
- Get cash – Withdraw funds at ATMs, banks, and many retail locations
- Stay updated – Opt in to receive balance alerts
- Transfer funds – Move money to another bank account at no extra cost
- Fraud protection – $0 liability if your card is stolen
Pretty handy, right? Okay, let’s get into the details on how to access your card…
Activating Your EDD Debit Card
First things first – you need to activate your Bank of America EDD debit card through either the BofA EDD website or by phone:
- Visit the link above
- Click “Activate My Card” and provide your card details
- Call 1-866-692-9374 (U.S.) or 1-423-262-1650 (International)
- Follow prompts to activate
After activation, select a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to use for purchases or ATM access.
Logging In to Manage Your Card
You can manage your EDD card account by logging into the Bank of America EDD website:
- Visit the website
- Enter your card number or account username
- Input your password
- Access account overview and transaction details
Through the online account portal, you can check balances, set up alerts, transfer funds, and more.
Resetting Login Details
Forgot your Bank of America EDD login info? No worries, you can retrieve or reset credentials by:
- Username – Click “Forgot Login” on website and enter card + email details
- Password – Select “Forgot Password” and verify identity to reset
You’ll then receive an email with next steps to create a new login.
For additional assistance with your EDD debit card, contact Bank of America through:
- Website: www.BankofAmerica.com
- U.S. Phone: 1-866-692-9374
- International Phone: 1-423-262-1650
The support team can help troubleshoot any login, activation, balance, or fraudulent charge issues.
I hope you find this walkthrough helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions about accessing your EDD funds through Bank of America.