Have you heard about Freevee? If you’re a Roku user looking to stream movies and shows for free, this is the perfect guide for you.
Freevee, formerly known as IMDb TV, is Amazon’s free, ad-supported streaming service. It offers popular shows like Lost, movies like Shrek, and Freevee originals – all at no cost.
The catch? It’s not available as a standalone channel on Roku. But you can still watch the full Freevee library by accessing it through your Prime Video app.
Below I’ll explain exactly how to get set up, plus provide some extra troubleshooting tips. Let’s get started!
What You Need
Before we begin, make sure you have the following:
- A Roku device
- An Amazon account
- An active Prime Video subscription
Without these three things, you won’t be able to watch Freevee.
Step-by-Step Guide To Activate at amazon.com/mytv
Follow these simple steps to start streaming Freevee on your Roku:
- Turn on your Roku and launch the Amazon Prime Video app. If you don’t already have it installed, search for it in the Roku Channel Store.
- Select Sign In and enter your Amazon credentials when prompted.
- You’ll be given a registration code on the TV screen. Go to amazon.com/mytv on another device and input that code to link your Roku to your Amazon account.
- Once your devices are linked, go back to your Roku and select Prime Video Channels from the left sidebar.
- Choose the Freevee channel.
- Start watching! Browse for something that catches your eye or use the search bar to find a specific title.
And that’s it! The full Freevee content library should now be available through your Prime Video app.
Alternative: Get the Freevee Channel
Freevee also recently launched as a standalone channel on the Roku Channel Store.
If you don’t have an active Prime subscription, this is the way to go. Here’s how to find it:
- From your Roku’s home screen, go to Streaming Channels > Search Channels.
- Search for Freevee.
- Select Add Channel to install it.
- Launch the Freevee channel and enter your Amazon login information when prompted.
Here are some troubleshooting tricks in case you run into any issues:
- Make sure your Roku and mobile device are connected to the same WiFi network during setup. This allows them to “see” each other.
- If you can’t get Freevee on your Roku despite having Prime Video, double check that your Prime subscription is active.
- For screen mirroring from an Android device, use the Smart View or Cast feature. Freevee should then display on your Roku once launched on mobile.
And that covers everything you need to know! Now kick back and start watching Freevee on your Roku. Check out their original series like Bosch: Legacy or go for a comedy classic like Parks and Recreation.
Enjoy all your favorite movies and shows!