Have you heard about Apple’s streaming service, Apple TV+? It launched in 2019 and is home to a bunch of awesome original shows and movies. If you want to watch hits like Ted Lasso, Mythic Quest, and For All Mankind, you’ll need to subscribe.
Luckily, you don’t need an Apple device to watch – you can activate Apple TV+ on platforms like Roku, Fire TV, and Google TV. I’ll walk you through how to get it set up on all the popular streaming gadgets.
Activating Apple TV+ on Roku at activate.apple.com
Roku is one of my favorite ways to watch Apple Originals on the big screen. Here’s how to get the Apple TV app on your Roku:
- Go to the Streaming Channels menu on your Roku home screen.
- Search for the Apple TV app.
- Select Add Channel to install it.
- Choose OK to confirm.
- Select Go to Channel once it’s installed to launch the app.
You’ll get a unique activation code on your TV. Grab your computer or phone and head to activate.apple.com. Type in the code and click Continue. Sign in with your Apple ID when prompted.
Follow the steps on screen, and you’ll be watching Apple Originals on your Roku in no time!
Activating on Fire TV
Fire TV users can also get Apple TV+ easily:
- Go to the App Store on your Fire TV home screen.
- Search for Apple TV+.
- Choose Get to install it.
- Open the app once it’s installed to get your activation code.
- Visit activate.apple.com and enter the code.
- Sign in with your Apple ID to verify your subscription.
After a quick verification process, you’ll have access on your Firestick!
Activating on Google TV via activate.apple.com
If you have an Android TV or Google TV device, here are the steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your TV.
- Search for Apple TV+.
- Select Install to download the app.
- Launch the app when it’s done to get your activation code.
- Go to activate.apple.com on another device.
- Enter the code and tap Continue.
- Sign in with your Apple account to activate.
And you’re all set to enjoy Apple Originals on Google TV!
Can I Watch on My Apple TV Device?
Yup! If you have an Apple TV already, the app should be pre-installed. Just:
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to the menu and choose Watch Now > Apple TV Channels.
- Select Apple TV+.
Now you can watch hits like Ted Lasso, Mythic Quest, For All Mankind and more!
I hope this guide helps you get Apple TV+ set up on your favorite streaming device. Now you can watch top original shows no matter what gadget you own. Let me know if you have any other questions!