So you just received a new debit or credit card from Fifth Third Bank. Awesome! But before you can start using your shiny new card, you need to activate it. Don’t worry, the activation process is quick and easy. In this post, I’ll walk you through how to activate your Fifth Third card online or over the phone.
Why You Need to Activate Your New Card
Activating your card is an important security step. It lets the bank know that you have received the card and are ready to use it for transactions. Consider card activation as unlocking your card. Until you activate, your card won’t work at ATMs or for purchases.
So don’t delay! Activate your new Fifth Third card as soon as you receive it in the mail. This will prevent any delays in using your card when you need it.
What You’ll Need to Activate Your Card
Before starting the activation process, make sure you have the following handy:
- Your Fifth Third Bank account credentials (username and password)
- If you don’t have an online account, sign up for one first
- Card number
- Expiration date
- CVV code (3-digit code on back of card)
It’s also best to have access to a computer, smartphone, or tablet to complete online activation. Having an internet connection is recommended but not required.
53.com/activate Fifth Third Card Online
Activating online is fast and usually takes just a few minutes. Here are the steps:
- Open your web browser and go to the Fifth Third card activation site at 53.com/activate.
- Enter your Fifth Third online banking username and password. Then click Log In.
- Provide your new card details when prompted.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete your card activation.
And that’s it! Your card will now be activated and ready for use.
Activating Your Card by Phone
If you prefer to activate over the phone, call the Fifth Third activation line at 800-621-2554.
Before calling, have your card details and Fifth Third account information ready. Here’s what to expect:
- Call 800-621-2554.
- Follow the automated prompts to connect with a Fifth Third representative.
- When prompted, provide your card details and verify your identity.
- The rep will guide you through the activation process.
- Once complete, your card will be activated!
Phone activation typically takes 5-10 minutes. As long as you have your card and account info handy, it’s a quick and easy process.
Tips for Activating Your Fifth Third Card
- Double check that you have the correct card number, expiration date, and CVV ready before starting. This prevents any delays.
- If activating online, use a password manager if you have trouble recalling your online banking login credentials.
- Opt for phone activation if you prefer speaking with a live representative.
- Take note of any temporary PIN or setup codes provided during activation. You may need to reference them later when creating a permanent PIN.
- You can use either the 16-digit card number or the shorter account number to activate your card online.
With the proper preparation, you’ll be able to quickly activate your new Fifth Third card by phone or online. Before you know it, you’ll be able to start using your card to shop, pay bills, and more!